Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Family Under Stress

We talked this week about how in the family there are stressors and crises that will occur that impact the family.  Different stressors and crises are going to influence the family less and more every time.  Some of the examples we talked about were divorce, death in the family, poverty and many others.  I know that in my family we have luckily not had any deaths in my immediate family but we have had sicknesses.  I have four brothers in my family and there is one that is 14 months younger than me, he was diagnosed with cancer when he was in the 7th grade.  My dad was deployed Afghanistan or Iraq, (I cant really keep up with where or how many times now a days) so my mom was dealing with this news all on her own along with keeping up with the other 5 children she has.  The amount of stress that this added to our family was huge.  No one really knew what was going on and there were so many things that were unknown and that was a stressor on its own.  My dad came home early from his deployment and that helped obviously, then my brother had a port put into his heart that would take his chemotherapy straight through his body.  This was a time in our lives when the Savior became a main figure in our lives.  Now we already were very religious but as you can imagine why that was something that soared in our house.  I just know that because of our faith and the Saviors willingness in our family, is what led to my brother becoming cancer free and being able to live a great life now.  I know that stressors are common in life and that we just have to deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment