Monday, December 16, 2013

Fathers

Fathers are so important.  Hands down.  We have been studying whether or not fathers are important in the development of the children.  I was raised in a family where both my mom and dad were heavily present in my life and lead to be the person I am today.  My dad was a rockstar at being a dad, like he was there for everything.  He knew when to back off and give me space and he knew when to break into me and just let me know his thoughts.  I know that my dad was MY dad for a reason and that I was sent to the family I was.  There is hard research now that shows that families with out a father present they are more likely to live in poverty, get into drugs, and not do as well in education.  People need a father or father like figure in their lives.  The mom and dad both have different qualities to add to the development of the child and we need both sides of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment