Saturday, October 12, 2013

Social Class and Culture Diversity

During class this week we talked about different social classes and whether or not you can move up or down through out class levels.  We watched at least 3 different videos about real people and their experiences in life and where they thought they stood on the social class level.  It was really hard to watch one of the videos that I did because it was all about a family that was at the very bottom of the lowest social class.  Her oldest son was really defiant to the fact that they were in that class.  He would tell his younger brother and mom that he didnt want to be seen with them because they dont dress nice, only because they cant afford too.  In my opinion I think that you can change social class levels I just think that it would be difficult to be accepted in the different levels.  I watched another video about a woman whose job was to train low class people on how to act to be a high class lady and to change everything they did. I think that all of this is very interesting yet I am not sure how effective and life altering it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment